- Two 15-ounce containers ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- One pound of fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 8 ounces of Portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 6 cups, marinara sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (8 oz.)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, salt and pepper. Lightly sauté the spinach in one tablespoon olive oil until wilted. Add the wilted spinach to the egg and cheese mixture and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the mozzarella, Asiago and basil.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the second tablespoon of oil. Add the garlic and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the yellow squash, zucchini and mushrooms (about 4-6 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and drain off any excess liquid.
Spread a third of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles on top. Spread a third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by a third of the cooked vegetables. Sprinkle with a third of the shredded cheese mixture. Repeat to make two more layers, ending with the shredded cheese mixture on top. Cover the top of the dish with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the top is golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.